Travel is booming, and so is our team: We’re hiring yet again!
This time around, we’re looking to hire a smart credit cards and points & miles reporter as we continue to build out our newsroom. Think you fit the bill? Keep reading for the full details, job description, and qualifications…
But here’s what it comes down to: We’re looking for a passionate and savvy traveler based in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro with at least a few years of published journalism experience to join our team. This reporter will spearhead our coverage of the fast-paced travel credit card landscape, covering the latest and greatest big bonuses on top travel cards, writing smart and clear guides on the best ways to use those points, and more.
Sound like a job you want? We want you! But keep reading for more details.
Thrifty Traveler Credit Card & Award Travel Reporter: About the Job
Thrifty Traveler is looking for an experienced writer to join our small but growing team as our dedicated credit cards and award travel writer here in the Minneapolis, Minnesota metro area.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for travel rewards credit cards and a deep understanding of how to put points and miles to use, but also understands that credit cards are serious business. In addition to writing stories, reviews, and guides for our site, this person will assist with our search engine optimization (SEO) efforts and contribute to the development and execution of company strategy, including our Thrifty Traveler Premium and Thrifty Traveler Premium+ flight deal alert services.
This person must be located in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota.
To apply, email your resume and application materials to [email protected] with the subject line “Credit Cards & Award Travel Position.”
Please submit your application by Tuesday, Feb. 28!
- ½ day Fridays in summer
- Hybrid work environment
- 401K matching
- Company-sponsored health insurance, dental, and vision available
- 15 days of paid vacation to start
- Salary information will be provided to qualified applicants.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Report and write stories on credit cards and points and miles, including reviews of specific credit cards, new offers and news across the travel rewards landscape, how-to guides to put points to use, and analysis of industry trends
- Stay up-to-date on changes to travel rewards credit cards and redeeming points and miles
- Work with our editorial team to ensure all content meets our high standards for accuracy, relevance, and style
- Assist with strategy & implementation of SEO-focused stories, sitewide improvements, etc.
- Participate in team strategy meetings (virtual)
- Participate in at least one full team in-person meeting weekly
Qualifications & Skills
- A passion for and expertise in credit cards and award travel
- 2-5 years minimum published journalism experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field is preferred
- Must be based in Minneapolis-St. Paul area
- Newsroom experience is a plus
- Knowledge of AP Style required
- WordPress experience preferred
- SEO knowledge preferred
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills, with an eye for detail and the ability to write in the clear, concise, and engaging style that our readers expect
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Thrives in a small team setting
- Communicates effectively & detail oriented
- Passionate about travel
The pandemic might have set travel back, but Thrifty Traveler is growing faster than ever.
We’re looking to hire a dedicated credit cards and award travel reporter as we supercharge our coverage of all things travel in 2023. If you fit the bill, email your resume and application materials to [email protected] with the subject line “Credit Cards & Award Travel Position.”
Applications for this position will close Tuesday, Feb. 28. Apply ASAP!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings